Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Thinger



This week's Tuesday Thinger from the wonderful Wendi's Book Corner...

Questions: When you click on the Local tab, do you see any information? Do you find the information you see useful? Have you added any information? If you don't already use the Local tab, is it something you would use more often if there were more events listed?


In my case, I see quite a bit. Now I realize that I live in a metropolitan area that is quite addicted to anything that has to do with books. Book stores have readings, book signings, Libraries have reading events, we have a Book Festival once a year and on and on.

So there are a lot of listings. I have not had an occasion to post anything as it seems to be done by all of those that are hosting events. I consider this to be a great asset as the newspaper has almost completely done away with the Book Section which I used to rely on as a source of info for upcoming events. Just another example of the virtual taking over the job of the printed matter. As long as there is a source available to point me in the right direction, I will use it. Just another reason that I am happy to be a lifetime member of LibraryThing.com

2 comments:

  1. You have such a good point about the Newspapers doing away with bookish things! I have been so disappointed by that, but then, I've also spent more of my time looking at bookish information on blogs!

    :) I wish our area had Book Festivals - I've had the hardest time trying to find some even close - I don't think I'm searching for the right thing.

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donura

    I can't find an email address for you, so please forgive me intruding on your comment wall. I’d like to invite you to write about your favorite books at www.bookdrum.com, where you can add information, images, video, music and links to illustrate and explore the books.

    Right now, we're running a $3,000 Tournament and we'll be offering contract work to the best entries.

    Best wishes

    Hector Macdonald
    Editor, Book Drum

    ReplyDelete