Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Salon



This was one of those rare Sundays where I actually was able to stay in bed for some uninterrupted reading for a few hours. Those Sundays have been rare lately and so it was that much more enjoyable. I had wonderful coffee and had just started Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil. This is the second novel with Jo McKenzie, owner of a yarn shop in a small seaside town in England. Light, enjoyable reading but I have to say I appreciate Ms. McNeil sense of humor even more in this second book. It was there in the first book, but this second novel really gets her on a roll. I was laughing out loud to myself page after page and chapter after chapter. I am more than half way through and I would love to be able to finish it tonight. Will reserve the rest for my review. This has been a pretty good week for new arrivals and there are several I would like to jump right into but I really need to finish some that I have started and get caught up on pending reviews. Hope everyone is having a wonderful reading Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment