Saturday, June 6, 2009

Welcome!

After much procrastination and rumination about whether I should take the plunge to blog my book reviews, I am jumping in. I have been reviewing for quite some time. I started out reviewing for my girls' school library as a way to get books for the library, and as a way to encourage the students to read and share their love for a book with their classmates. I was the volunteer librarian for six years and loved the connection with students. It was a thrill to see them fall in love with reading even if they didn't want to be classified as a nerd. The reviews were a simple way to engage with the students and get excited about the same book. Soon they were looking at my latest reads as a way to select their next book.

After leaving the school library, I found LibraryThing.com and their Early Reviewer program. It has been a joy to find and network with other bibliophiles like myself and see many with the same taste in library collections. I will be reviewing not only the ARC's that I receive from different sources but also books from my collection, old and new.

Stop by and visit, leave a comment and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment