Friday, June 26, 2009

Firefly Lane



RATING: 4 OUT OF 5

Don't let the size of this book fool you. It is one of the quickest reads I have had in a long time. And yet, it is one of those books you want to savor like a visit with a good friend that you haven't seen in a long time.

This is the first of Kristin Hannah's books that I have read so I had no preconceived notions about style. She has captured the true essence of female "BFF" friendship in this story of "KateandTully". The kind that endures not only through time and growth, but the kind that endures through the trials and tribulations that can sometimes end or cool a friendship that is not destined to be forever.

Even if you weren't of the exact same era as Kate and Tully, all you had to do was substitute the music and current events and you felt like it was you and your best friend. I was the Kate in my life and yet I was able to identify with Tully through my granddaughters that lost their mother like Tully did. It is a powerful lesson to see the impact that mothers, and fathers have on teaching values, developing self assurance, and all the other necessary traits that all of us girls need to make it in this world.

Highly recommend this wonderful story of two women and their lifelong friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment