Sunday, July 10, 2011

Original Sin



5 out of 5

Given that Beth McMullen has chosen to call this first book, Original Sin, a Sally Sin Adventure, I am assuming there will be more adventures to come. I am, in fact, counting on it as I have truly fallen for Sally or Lucy or whatever name she goes by. This is a refreshing take on the Espionage, Spy genre with a wonderful sense of dry humor thrown in and is based in San Francisco. Although, Sally has traveled all over the world in the pursuit of the "bad" guys, enemies of the state and the like, she now resides in San Francisco.

She decides to give up "The career" for a wonderful, caring man named Will that she fell head over heels in love with but the "career" isn't quite ready to let go of her. Old enemies start appearing from her past quicker than she can drop her adorable toddler off at preschool. It's not like she didn't know her past could pop up but she really wanted to believe maybe it would wait until old age. None of her acquaintances, casual friends, or even her darling Will know of her past adventures and near misses with death and she truly wants to keep it that way. The action is quick paced and the humor is continuous from beginning to end. My only wish was that I could have changed the interruptions of my daily life that prevented me from reading this in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment