Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Good House



5 out 5

I would give it a 10 out of 5 if that was possible.

Wow, oh, wow!!  This latest book, The Good House, by Ann Leary hooks you in the first few pages.  You don't even know you are getting pulled in until you look at the clock or the page you are on.  If you start early, it can be a one sitting book, but that does not mean it is fluffy.  By no means fluffy.  I wanted to finish it but I did not want it to end.  This is the first Leary novel I have read, so now I will have to go search out the others and put them in the TBR pile.

I don't believe in writing spoilers especially on a book that is not out yet.  It is suffice to say that Ann Leary has hit the mark with this story on so many different levels.   You may know a "Hilda (called Hildy) Good", you may live in New England, or you may know an alcoholic, but you will learn something new about each in this book either through the humor or the hard hitting reality of the characters. I look forward to talking and sharing my take with others once they have consumed it.  

So sorry you have to wait until January 2013 to share in this wonderful read.  Order an advance copy as a Christmas present and then be prepared to devote the time to read in one sitting after the holiday rush.  You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment